Before we get started, a couple housecleaning things to get through:
- Aaron’s still in Portland for OpenStack Summit. Look for shows from there soon
- Check out The Mobilecast, our new shows focused on all things mobile, hosted by Brian Katz
Hybrid Cloud is a concept that’s been around for a number of years, with many businesses wanting to bring together the best of Public and Private cloud services. But Hybrid Cloud hasn’t gained as much adoption as expected, and tonight we’re pleased to have Rajeev Chawla (CEO @ CloudVelocity) to talk about the evolution of Hybrid Cloud.
Topic 1 – Before we start talking about this topic, tell us about yourself. This isn’t your first start-up (sold several). Tell us about why this market segment interested you.
Topic 2 – The concept of Hybrid Cloud has consistently been at the topic of CIO wish-lists for the last 3-4 years, but it hasn’t evolved very quickly. Where do you see Hybrid Cloud today, what’s well understood and where are the big challenges?
Topic 3 – What does CloudVelocity do that’s unique, in terms of enabling Hybrid Cloud?
- How does it interact with applications?
- How does it interact with Cloud services?
- How does it interact between a private data center and the cloud (encrypt & move data, authentication services, etc.)?
- Do you see most customers moving workloads in both directions, or mostly private > public?
Topic 4 – What are you seeing as the short coming, either with technology or organization change, that are preventing successful Hybrid Clouds today?
Topic 5 – Hybrid Cloud, if executed properly, introduces a number of changes to both IT organizations and the organizations that traditional assisted IT (VARs, SIs, Cloud Providers, etc.). With the customers you work with, how are you seeing that value-chain shift, and who are you seeing driving the transition to Hybrid Cloud?