- Kismatic Website - http://kismatic.io/
- Kismatic on GitHub - https://github.com/kismatic
- Kubernetes on GitHub - https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/kubernetes
- Intro to Kubernetes (tutorial) - https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/an-introduction-to-kubernetes
- Kubernetes homepage (Google) - http://kubernetes.io/
Topic 1 - Let’s talk a little bit about your background and why we asked you to come discuss Kubernetes tonight.
Topic 2 - We’re all familiar with Docker at this point, and generally familiar with the underlying container technologies. So where does Kubernetes fit in? (who runs it? what’s the input to the scheduler? what does it use to track resources at the host level? does it assume all machines are the same?)
Topic 2a - What makes Kubernetes easy to use and hard to use?
Topic 2b - Does it use/assume all the native container management tools, or does Kubernetes do some of that tool?
Topic 3 - Let’s walk through the basic concepts and suggested best practices around things like #apps/container, tagging and pods.
Topic 4 - Since Kubernetes came from Google, every just assumes it deals with scale well. But how does the scaling of that control plane work? Is it a single data-center view, multi-data center or smaller segments within a data-center?
Topic 5 - What Google-specific assumptions are built into Kubernetes that might not be broadly applicable to other companies?
Topic 6 - What are some of the common applications that companies use to get started with Kubernetes?