State of the Podcast - 2013
- Entering Year 3 of the Show
- 600% Year over Year listener growth (podcast) with only 2x the # of podcasts
- Launched The Cloudcast “whiteboard” channel on YouTube
- Need to make sure we can remain at least semi-independent, non-biased
- Bring back some more “news” shows, or at least “news segments”
- Potentially going to spin-off a few new shows: Mobile, PaaS, European-centric
- Continue to bring the show to industry events, community events
Enterprise Cloud - Lots of Debates & Discussions
- AWS Needs to Figure Out It’s Enterprise Plan - Rodney Rogers (Virtustream)
- Focused on Innovator’s Dilemma, Disruption use-cases
- Time to Stop Forgiving Cloud Providers for Repeated Failures - Andi Mann (CA)
- AWS: A Space Shuttle to Go Shopping - Massimo Re Ferre (VMware)
- Interesting analysis of AWS usage by customers
- Which Applications to Move to the Cloud - Ben Kepes
- AWS - But Can it Capture the Enterprise? - Matt Asay (MongoDB)
- Gartner Cloud (IaaS) MQ Pits AWS Against the World - Bernard Golden
- Are all “clouds” the same?
- What is the cost of new cloud-aware apps, vs. SaaS apps?
- How lacking is the market for “public cloud” skills?
- AWS currently has (approx) $1.5-2B in revenue. There was a financial-analyst report saying it will go to $4B in 2013 and could be $20-30B (market cap) if independent.