Guest: Rand Wacker (@randwacker) - VP of Product at CloudPassage
Description: Aaron and Brian talk with Rand Wacker (@randwacker) VP of Product at CloudPassage, about putting security in the path of application deployment, security app stores, and the difference between private cloud and public cloud security.
Brian goes on a rant about how discussions from “Security Professionals” seems to be like Groundhog’s Day - “Security isn’t explicitly called out in these requirements”
- Twitter, Gmail, iCloud, Amazon account hacked through social engineering
- LinkedIn Password List Hacked
- Yahoo Password List Hacked
- Chinese Hackers seen from EU to D.C.
Topic 1 - Why hasn’t this changed in the last 10+ years?
Topic 2 - What happened at DefCon 2012?
Topic 3 - What’s going on in the security world today? We’ve got mobile devices going between personal and work, workloads in both public and private clouds, massive botnets. Is it realistic for individual IT organizations to keep up?
Topic 4 - Let’s talk about what’s new at CloudPassage.
- Halo for Windows Servers
- Rackspace Cloud Tools Marketplace (“App Store”)
- SMS Authentication (similar to Google 2-factor authentication?)
Topic 5 - What are you learning about the differences between providing security on-premise and security in a public cloud?